What's Crafting?

What's Crafting?
Click here for this weeks updates...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dreaming a Little Dress (plus all the rest)…


Whatever your style, we all love dresses. And yes, that even goes for the men too because as much as they may be hesitant to admit a deep passion for seeing the softer and more feminine side to their female counterparts, we know you think we look hot. Besides, design is design and gorgeous is gorgeous and those are facts you simply cannot argue with.

I love to make all sorts of items, but clothing is the utmost on my list for crafting passions to be sure. Dresses are so much fun to make and yet I personally have a more relaxed and casual style for the everyday so I do like to incorporate all sorts of clothing styles into the mix. That ends up leading me to make a variety of styles from wedding and evening gowns to more of the sportswear styled items. If you would care to join me, I would love to take a look at all of the clothing I have made in the last year and how they stack up in the grand scheme of design and comfort…and fabulousness (don’t be ridiculous, of course it’s a word). Are we distinguishing design and fabulousness as two different elements? I think we might want to.

I feel as though this clothing review in its entirety will inspire me to make more clothes and anyone who has seen my craft room lately knows I have the materials and the patterns and the machines! How do you say hello Hawaiian shirts and sweet sarong dresses? (ohh that’s how ;) Bathing suits and swim cover-ups? And hats and scarves and bags and…well darling, why don’t you just scroll through and see what you like? I’m sure there will be something to captivate the eye.

Some of the items below are sold, but a lot of them are still available and even more of them brand new. Check Sophia for the details and have a great day! If you like an item you see below and do not see it as a current item listed in the shop feel free to message me via Sophia @ www.SophiaDeLaMer.etsy.com and maybe I will consider making it again. In most cases I will remake an item. Once in a while though you will find I am not interested in remaking something. Usually that decision is because I was unsatisfied with the pattern used. That however needs to be a blog post all its own. I’m thinking something along the lines of Patterns: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. That’s going to be a long one for sure though, I warn you. You’re going to want to walk the dog ahead of time and get the pop corn ready for that one because I cannot under any circumstance, cyber space or otherwise, make a blog post on that subject without it being the length of a Melville novel. Ok, ok. I will plan to keep it slightly shorter, but never the less, if you want it, you are just going to have to read it (all). I guarantee it’ll be more fun to read though. I can promise you that…













































































































Alright, I’m off to the shop. You’ve all been fabulous! I do however have to get some actual sewing done.
Until next time, stay cool and looking fantastic! While waiting for the next blog post and new items listed in the shops, take care that you’re wearing a pair of fabulous shoes. It’s summer you know and I think we can all agree that those pretty little feet love the most smashing little shoes to go with! Girls love to match you know.

Lindsay ;)

P.S. There were a few items in the clothing department that did not make it into this blog post but show up in a later blog post if interested... http://craftzies.blogspot.com/2012/08/bringing-it-back.html

No comments:

Post a Comment