What's Crafting?

What's Crafting?
Click here for this weeks updates...

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sewing & Little Desk Chair Slip Covers


I just made the cutest new slip cover for a sewing chair and as I already have one, this renaissance inspired slip cover is currently listed on etsy for sale as a ready-made sewing/ small desk chair slip cover if anyone likes it and this one fits a chair they have. I would keep it as I really like the size, weight and style but I have a little pink-red-and cherry styled chair cover that keeps me cheerfully sewing up a little storm so this one is for one of you :)

As I took a million and one photos in the process of my sewing chair, the new slip covers for sewing chairs, some images on how I measure a sewing chair (if you are interested in having me make you a custom chair cover), and thought I would put up a short post sharing those details and images.


For those of you interested in having a slip cover made for a piece of furniture, please message me via etsy.





Below are some images I took while measuring my sewing chair:















Below you will see how I pinched the measuring tape a tiny bit to get a more accurate measurement on the corners. When looking over the measurements you send, I will be assuming you have read and measured your chair in this way, and I will also add a bit extra to those seams to ensure your new slip cover fits :)



Here are a few images of the sewing chair cover on my little desk chair. It just happened to fit so if you have a little desk or task chair you would like a cove for, this cover might just fit (despite having been made to fit a sewing chair).





The last image above shows how the cover pulls up on the sides just a tiny bit. Not too bad for being a cover made to fit a different chair, but I did want to point it out if someone is considering it for a chair similar to the little desk chair/ task styled chair.

Here are a few images of my Craftzies sewing chair Slip Cover. It is actually 2 pieces and was made on the fly one hot summer day when I was desperate to keep sewing and not melt in shorts while sitting on this chair. The cotton seat helped and of course, covering up the green with something cheerful and cute was certainly fun, even if it's more 'pink and pretty' than I usually go for ;)

The Cherry Slip Cover for my chair is actually a two piece, one slip cover piece pulled and cinched with a bow in back and then a seat cover that ties with ribbons on the back handles where the back and seat meet.

The top part of the cover turned out a little small but it was just for and I literally grabbed the red fabric out of a scrap pile and used it despite knowing it would be a little tight as it was the only red fabric I had on hand to match the pink seat.


I happened to be out of pink to match the seat portion and you know I couldn't just have a bottom seat in pink and a green back uncovered....

Below are some photos of other slip covers I have made for customers in the past. In many cases I find I do not have a chair that will display the custom chair covers I make for customers, but ever so often a cover will fit. 








For additional photos and ordering your own custom slip cover check out my etsy show @ www.Craftzies.etsy.com. If you are interested in seeing cotton solids and prints available for your custom slip cover please check out this blog post for cottons: http://www.craftzies.blogspot.com/2012/06/cotton-prints.html

and here for upholstery options and details: http://www.craftzies.blogspot.com/2012/07/upholstery-fabrics.html










Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment