What's Crafting?

What's Crafting?
Click here for this weeks updates...

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rainy Day Projects


Happy Saturday. I seem to have quite the collection of newly made projects so I figured I would share some photos and chat a little about what I've been working on.

First up…

Baby Space Travel Robe Sets: These turned out so cute! I currently have 2 sets in stock in a 6- 9 month size + 2 sets in a 12 month size and I will be listing more to come. If you would like one in a different size feel free to message me over on etsy and I will be happy to whip a set up for you. Both the natural colored tunic and the outer dark brown robe are made with a soft jersey fabric and each comes with a waist tie. These are going to be perfect for Halloween but also for everyday space travel, retreating from sand storms, or lounging on cloud 9.




12 month size. Each set comes with a tunic and hooded robe.
Price $34

Next->

Dotted Butterfly Pillow Case Set: These are made with a fabulous cotton print of various sized butterflies on a vanilla nutmeg background with a dotted French cotton to match up the sides. Simple, pull-on pillow case style. 




Measurements: 17” width x 26.5” in length
Set of 2/ Price $14

Next->

Fleece Baby Blankets: These are made with a soft fleece fabric on one side and then a top patterned fabric layer knotted on at the corners. This blanket is fabulous in that the fleece is warm, soft and easy to wash. They also make great play mats for the little ones and the patterned fabric panel can be removed easily. This is a great travel blanket and though this particular one is a gift, I will be happy to make more if anyone is interested. The price will be around $18 each and offered in a variety of fabric prints and fleece colors. You can never have too many blankets for those messy little munchkins. You can pick the colors/ prints desired J



Next->

Dinosaur Dress: Not impressed. This was a test of a pattern and maybe I rushed it a bit to see how that front laid out but I do not like it. I need to have top stitched the front down before adding the back on, and I need to extend the neckline up a bit and then cut back before sewing the lining in. I also do not like the gather at the sides of the upper bodice. I was going to add a yellow belt to go with, but in the likely event that I scrap this, I didn’t bother. 


This is the pattern I used...
In fairness to the pattern, I feel as though I botched it and should try it again They don't all turn out perfect...

Next->

Vintage Embroidered Pillow Case Slip Cover: This is a cute one and though I am not listing it online for sale, it did turn out really quite shabby chic/ cottage-like. It definitely needed some love, that’s for sure. I found it at some sale or other and I promised myself I would fix it up at some point soon, I finally got around to it. I like the color and though it’s perfect for a spare bedroom or an old rocking chair or something, this particular cover has a few too many age spots to sell. The embroidered panel has information handwritten on it however and I did not cut it off, it is sewn into the inseam on the zipper inside. It says No. 192 P-Buttercups Design Made by Carlson Currier Co. 


I had to ask myself what it is exactly that I liked so much about it. For starters, the colors and size are perfect. The natural, aged color of the linen is perfect, the size and colors used for the hand embroidered portion were pretty and I really liked the size. The insert pillow used for the photos was 16” x 18” and the slip cover was 16.5” x 18” so it worked. I also liked the way the metallic zipper went well with the rest of the design. This was made with rounded corners. I have more of these zippers and would definitely make more pillow covers, though I cannot promise that my embroidery will be as lovely as the original work shown here. The base fabric should be a linen, it will wear nicely with time.



Next->

Baby Kimono + Diaper Cover Sets: Two more are finished and ready to go. Both sets are made with a dark green jersey fabric for any of those little forest nymphs out there. The cutest green, gold, black, purples and blues highlight the trim and you will find the tabs on the diaper cover have Velcro for closure. I really liked how these turned out and this is the first time I have made these in this color.

The first set is a size 12 month- 



And the second set is a size 9 month.




Price $35/ Kimono Robe + Diaper Cover set

Next->

Cropped Circles Pillow Case Set: This set of two pillow cases is fabulous and made with a vibrant circle print canvas. The prints will brighten any space and will work well on the bed or even in the living room. Pillow inserts not included though I did use bed pillows as inserts so you will find a large sized pillow will fit well. Zipper for closure on the shorter side of each case. If you need inserts to match let me know and I can include them with your purchase however you may find picking up your own inserts to be more economical as you will be charged additional shipping to compensate for the bulk weight.






Measurements: 17" width  (43.2 cm) x 27.5" length (69.9 cm), zipper on shorter side for closure. Machine washable, low heat for drying. Price $22/ set of two

More photos @ www.Craftzies.etsy.com

More projects to come. Until then have a great weekend!

Lindsay ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment