What's Crafting?

What's Crafting?
Click here for this weeks updates...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bridal and Evening Fabrics


Hello Everyone! This post is going to be dedicated to Bridal and Evening Fabrics. If you are interested in fabrics feel free to scroll through and if you are here for a sizing chart conversion you will find it  In the past I have posted the fabrics I have available locally on my Picasa photo pages, and yet I realized the easiest way to discuss and display them all without all of you having to go to yet another site to view the fabrics would simply be to create a few posts on the various fabric groupings.


In general, I can make a dress out of just about any fabric you would like, and in many cases, a customer will contact me asking if they can provide their own fabric, and I do allow this. Prices do change so I do ask that you contact me prior to sending fabric so I can ensure the correct yardage, notions, and additional details are properly supplied, and I can also keep a look out for fabric to arrive via my po box. For the fabrics I have locally available to me, I am able to send sample photos as well as actual fabric samples via the mail. For those fabrics found online, I do ask that the customer request fabric samples themselves directly from the site so they can determine what fabric they would like on their own. This is simply for the sake of time as the samples can be send directly to you.


Once the customer has decided on the fabric, the dress style has been selected, measurements have been provided and the material funds have been received, your dress order is started. The time it takes to make a custom wedding dress is determined by a number of factors, though mostly the detail of the dress takes up most of the time. Bridal dresses are shipped out USPS Priority/ Express and are subject to those fees. All other shipping internationally via USPS does not provide tracking, so it is imperative that for all bridal orders, priority is selected. Those fees are higher, however this way we both know it goes from my hands to their hands to your hands, and when it’s in their hands we can track that package!


This dress shown below is being modeled and this is a well loved style, a Retro 1950’s remake, and I really liked this pattern. This is the first and so far, only dress I have made from this pattern, but it was a really nice pattern, that looped scarf is a really clean design. The directions were clear, and about a year after making this dress I found an article in Threads in which they show the best ways to make a really quality dress (it was a great article and I couldn’t agree more with the ways in which the author suggests building up the perfect party dress) and they used this same pattern.




The only thing about this dress in the photos is that my lovely (mom) model was a bit too small in the dress. The upper waist on this dress is intended to be more fitted, but with my model a size 6-7 and the dress a size 12, it’s not too bad for photos.




You want the bottom hem of that dress to be perfect, and this had such a lovely full skirt. Hours and hours of hand hemming later, you knew it was worth it. Here are a few more photos of this dress being made. I warn you, the lighting isn’t the best. It does show you how the upper waist looks on this with a model more the same size though.



Last year The Marilynn in classic white was my most popular wedding dress, despite how simple it is in comparison with some of the fancier wedding dresses. It is really quite lovely for a garden wedding though and a lot of the brides found it to be classic, elegant, and yet comfortable for wearing for hours.







So let’s talk fabric. Here are a number of fabric samples, and they are mainly from the shops locally. These shops do not have fabrics listed on their websites in a lot of cases, but they were ever so nice to allow me to pop in and take some photos of their designer fabrics. The possibilities are practically endless but if I know what you have in mind, I can help make you the perfect dress. Help me see what you see, and then we can make something spectacular together for your big day!

I am currently in the process of adding id numbers to the fabrics for easy identification but in the mean time, for these types of Bridal/ Evening fabrics, if you are interested in a fabric please message me via Sophia (www.SophiaDeLaMer.etsy.com) with the type of fabric you are interested in and I will message you back with images with id tags.

So here are some fabric sites I have found online that has a nice selection of bridal and evening fabrics. If you find some really great sites, definitely feel free to share. I know I can’t be the only one that wants to talk fabric! ;)




















*All of the above fabrics are shades of white, off white, ivory, and the last having silver added. Once in a while, you will find a champagne or beige colored fabric in with the bridal swatches, however for the most part, they are white or off white in color. At times fabrics can appear darker in the images as I am taking photos inside. If you would like fabric images emailed to you or would like confirmation on the colors/ samples sent, please message via email or etsy. TY :)






A number of the dresses I have listed in my shop are priced with the intent that the fabric price is around $20/ yard. For those of you interested in fabrics priced higher than that average, the additional fabric cost will be multiplied by the fabric yardage needed, and then included in your final price. If interested, please contact me with what you had in mind and I can send samples via email, via post, and we can discuss the style you were interested. Once I have a solid idea of what you wanted, I will be happy to send you a price for your new dress.

Here are a number of Bridal fabrics I have recently found online:

Evening Glitz
These fabrics are also at my local shops and in many cases, carried on a regular basis. Aren't they lovely?


















And then photos of a variety of designer fabric images:








































Below are a few links to other fun fabrics:

silks:

fashion fabrics:

I do have a few fabric sets ready to go for stretch and non-stretch satin and satin blends for those interested in slips, linings for jackets, lingerie, etc.


It looks like that is about all I have right now in the way of bridal/ Evening fabric photos from local shops so far. If you find a fabric photo online and would like to see if I have a similar fabric locally in stock, please send me a link or image of the fabric and I will check for you. For local fabrics, if you are interested in fabric swatches sent to you, please email or message via etsy your address and I will send out a fabric sample set within a few days. If you are interested in a custom order for clothing, please feel free to email me @ www.SophiaDeLaMer@gmail.com or message me via my etsy shop @ www.SophiaDeLaMer.etsy.com and I will be happy to help.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Lindsay ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment